I can’t believe we’re already here, last day of April. Spring has come to Washington State: hello warm breeze, hello, sunshine, and hey there, dandelions outside my window! I can’t believe we’ve spent six months here, among the mountains, being rained on. I still can’t believe we’re here some days. And now, here are the flowers.
Don’t want to let the month go by without sharing a quick update. Here is some of what I’ve been up to:
- Reading: Shirley Jackson is a genius. On the other hand, tried out a little smut — if genders were flipped, it might have been amazing. As it was, nothing to report but cringe and groan, and not the good kind 😉 Now chilling with a good, snappy, sharp romcom that makes me LOL. (Book Lovers by Emily Henry. Right??).
- Writing: I am outlining a new story! YES!!! Feel free to wish me fun and ease, and quick and breezy progress!
- Work: Growing into the new job, getting good at it, having fun at it, and now, receiving a nice raise, too, Washington-style. YES!!!
- Expansion: Figuring out how it all works — for real this time, friends, and it’s amazing! How what works, you might ask? Freaking everything. Life. I get it now, I really do. I really feel like I’ve cracked the code!
- What is the code, then, you ask? Hate to be annoying, but… I don’t think I should tell you. If I did, you’d just brush it off or let it slide right past your consciousness. Anything I’d share right now might sound like I’m being a tease. (I guess it still does, huh). It’s nothing original, you see, nothing you haven’t heard here, or felt there, nothing I haven’t even shared before, right here on this blog, really, nothing you don’t already know. So, why even do this to you, why rob you of the thrill of discovery? Discovery is the best part of it all 🙂 🙂 🙂
- One last thing: my friend Lyn Miller-Lachmann — congratulations on Torch winning the LA Times Book Prize! Aaaaaah!!!!! I am so proud of you, Lyn (yes, I’m saying it again), proud and so honored to have been a part of this story’s journey. (Yes, I might just go ahead and brag, I’m in the acknowledgements, y’all!!!)
- Thank you for catching up on my news, friends. Happy spring-ing. We’ve got this. Love, Katia
Leave a Reply